- Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2200 (2.20GHz)
- Genuine Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit
- 20.1-Inch widescreen display with XBRITE-HiColor technology
- 4GB of RAM & 320GB Serial ATA HDD
- Built-in camera & mic with face tracking technology
- Processor: The 2.2 GHz Intel Pentium E2200 dual-core processor delivers additional computing resources and help expand the PC’s capabilities by providing higher throughput and simultaneous computing. You'll be able to perform multiple tasks such as digital rendering and gaming all while running virus scan or other background tasks seamlessly. And its Intel 64 architecture is also ready for tomorrow's 64-bit applications, and offers enhanced performance through improved virtual memory. Each core shares 1 MB of L2 cache, and they have an 800 MHz front-side bus. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
- Hard Drive: The extra large 320 GB Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive (7200 RPM) offers a wealth of storage space, perfect for storing a vast multimedia collection or for editing digital video. This SATA hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
- Memory: The 4 GB of installed RAM (PC2-6400, 2 x 2 GB) maximizes the capacity for this notebook,. It also offers an ultra-fast 800 MHz speed.
- DVD/CD Drive: The dual-layer DVD drive is compatible with a wide range of formats, including both DVD+RW and DVD-RW discs, CD-RW discs, and dual-layer (DL) DVD+/-R discs, which can hold up to 8.5 GB of data--great for backing up your MP3 collection or your most important documents. It features the following speeds: 6x for both DVD±R DL, 8x for both single layer DVD±R, 8x for single layer DVD+RW, 6x for single layer DVD-RW, 5x for DVD-RAM, and 24x for CD-R/RW. It reads DVD-ROM discs at 8x and CD-ROMs at 24x.
- Keyboard & Mouse: The elegant, yet simple keyboard has an isolated key design with 19.05mm pitch and 2.0 mm stroke, and it can be stored below the LCD to save space. It includes a variety of action buttons, including volume +/-, muting, zoom in/out.
- 5 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- 1 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals
- Audio out: 1 S/PDIF digital audio and 1 headphone
- 1 microphone/line-in
- RJ-45 port for 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- 56K modem port (V.90/V.92)
- Memory Stick/Memory Stick PRO slot (Standard/Duo with MagicGate functionality)
- Secure Digital memory card slot (compatible with MMC cards)
I think I just found my next NON-MACINTOSH Dream Machine! Okay, Okay, it MAY NOT be able to play games like the new Tomb Raider Underworld - which isn't even out yet.
Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500, which uses shared video memory (up to 1750 MB allocated from the system memory) and provides Windows Vista Aero interface support and enhanced 3D graphics performance--delivering over 2x scores on 3DMark 06. Intel Clear Video Technology provides outstanding video playback with sharper image quality, increased clarity, and customizable color controls. It also enables enhanced visual quality of interlaced content on progressive displays.
But why not an NVIDIA or ATI Card!
But that DISPLAY!
The 20.1-inch LCD panel has an amazing 1680 x 1050-pixel resolution. And thanks to Sony's XBRITE-HiColor panel technology, the flat-panel screen will deliver dazzling colors and sharp images whether displaying a DVD movie, television show, or web content. It delivers deep blacks and bright whites, true-to-life color, and razor-sharp detail. And with a glare filter and anti-reflective coating to minimize reflection, you'll experience a beautifully clear image.
And the Sound!
This desktop also has an integrated Intel High Definition Audio card with Dolby Digital Live, which provides real-time encoding technology that converts any audio signal into a Dolby Digital bitstream for transport and playback through a home theater system. It provides Dolby Digital (5.1-channel surround sound) during movie playback and gameplay, immersing players in high-quality surround sound that puts them at the center of the action. It includes two built-in stereo speakers, each with 3 watts of output (6 watts total).Oh yeah, the 999 price is only at AMAZON and may just be a promo price. And yes, the caveats are long regarding the specs above. As well as some copyright notices:
Hey! The Sony Site even lists this as $989.99!
1. GHz denotes microprocessor internal clock speed; other factors may affect application performance. CPU speed will be reduced under certain operating conditions.
2. GB means one billion bytes when referring to hard drive capacity. Accessible capacity may vary. A portion of hard disk space is reserved as a recovery partition.
3. Requires 802.11n compatible access point. Some functionality may require Internet services.
4. Broadband Internet service required along with third party services which may require a subscription or other service fee.
5. Blu-ray Disc™ Media/Formats are not universally compatible.
6. Certain circumstances may limit/prevent Blu-ray Disc™ media playback. For optimal performance, download all updates from http://esupport.sony.com/EN/DRIVERS.
7. Viewable area measured diagonally.
8. Non-metric weights and measures are approximate and may vary.
9. Measured at the narrowest point
10. i.LINK is a trademark of Sony used only to designate that a product contains an IEEE 1394 connector. All products with an i.LINK connector may not communicate with each other.
11. Total Available Graphics Memory refers to the new Windows Vista® classification of graphics memory, which varies depending on the operating condition, version of device driver and system memory size.
12. See actual limited warranty for details. For a copy of Sony's warranty, please visit www.esupport.sony.com, call toll-free 888-476-6972 (888-4SONYPC), or write to Sony Electronics, 12451 Gateway Boulevard, Fort Myers, FL 33913.
13. For certain third party software applications, Sony provides first level phone support. Additional telephone support may be available from the applicable 3rd party vendor. Availability and schedule for any such support is determined by the applicable software vendor.
14. 60-Day Trial Version of Microsoft® Office 2007 - This trial software will work only for 60 days after you first use it. You will not be able to use the software if you do not activate it as described the first time you use the software. You can activate the software by Internet: Internet service charges may apply. If you want to keep using the software after the 60-day trial period, you must convert to the perpetual version. You can convert online by following the conversion instructions presented during setup and paying the required fees.
15. Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices varies.
16. Microsoft® Windows Live™ OneCare™ Trial Version - This trial software will work for ninety (90) days after you first use it. You will not be able to use the software if you do not activate it as described the first time you use the software. You can activate the software by Internet: Internet service charges may apply. If you want to keep using the software after the 90-day trial period, you must buy a subscription. You can subscribe online by following the conversion instructions presented during setup and paying the required fees.
17. Compatibility and performance in a 64 bit environment may vary. Check with the manufacturer of your software or accessory to ensure you have the latest updates.
From : Amazon and the Sony Site amd of you want it in BLACK